Art Journal Supplies!
I try to keep my supply list limited and the same for all my art journal courses. Parentheses include the specific product I used. Of course, substitute what you have on hand if it's not in your budget to buy these!
- Journal with thick paper (Canson XL Mix Media Pads 9×12)
- Watercolor pencils in a short rainbow of colors (I strongly recommend the Inktense brand)
- Thick Waterproof Pen (Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens “B” Brush Nib in Black) Sharpies work great too. You might toss in the White Sakura Gelly Roll Regular Gel Ink Pen – 0.4 mm as well.
- Assorted smaller size brushes (Da Vinci Junior Series 303 and 304 – sizes 1, 6, 8 & 10)
- Acrylic Paint in a short rainbow- red, yellow, blue, black, brown & white (Golden Fluid Acrylics in Cadmium Red Medium, Hansa Yellow Medium, Cobalt Turquoise, Raw Umber, Bone Black, & Titanium White.)
- Matte Medium (I recommend using the Liquitex Matte Medium)
- Magazines or Patterned papers, book pages, photos, odds and end images in a collage "stash". (I use my New Yorker subscription)
- Plus from around the house: Paper for journaling, sharp ballpoint pen for journaling & transfer, magazine, scissors, old credit card for spreading matte medium, water.
- On occasion - access to a printer to print out black and white images on plain paper.
I listed the specific art materials on: dickblick.com